Thursday, October 15, 2009

Hi Lap Band-It Girl Here


I'm so excited to start a blog. This is a first for me. I'm a 44 year old "Girl" and I'm having "Lap-Band Surgery" on Nov. 18. I can't wait! I'm 5'2, 218lbs (BMI 39.9). My Dr. says I should weigh 110lbs (Yeah Right, My Bones Weigh More Than That). If I weighed 110lbs my BMI would be 20.1. Ok, Whatever.... My goal is 125 to 130 lbs. I think I'm going to set short term goals for myself in the beginning. The first one being to be under 200lbs by Christmas. I CAN DO IT!

I decided to have Lap-Band Surgery about 2 Months ago and was disappointed to find out that my insurance doesn't cover the cost of the surgery. I was upset for about a minute then started looking for ways to come up with 17K to pay for the surgery. I discovered I could borrow against my retirement at 4.5% interest. I called Nationwide Retirement Solutions and they were way to eager to lend me MY money. (haha) Any Who! I got that all squared away before I told my husband (we will call him Stick Man). I approached Stick Man with my plan and he didn't match my enthusiasm, which I didn't expect him to, as he doesn't have a weight problem and doesn't understand why people just can't stop eating. Anyway, told Stick Man that I was thinking of having the surgery and he said "I think you should give the gym a try (like I haven't already done that a million times). I explained to Stick Man that I wasn't asking for his permission, I was advising him of my plans. In the long run he has come around. He love me and wants me to be happy. Stick Man is the best husband in the world. Love Him, Love Him.

A little more about me. I have two children 22 year old daughter and 13 year old son. I live in sunny Florida and have been a Police Officer for 15 years. I have alway had a weight problem. Here are some of the excuses I have used over the years: My Mother always made me clean my plate, I came from a broken home, My Father was an alcoholic, I was home alone a lot as a child and not supervised, My first job was at KFC, My first husband was killed when I was 25 years old, My Wonderful Mother died a short time after that, I married a DEVIL (Stayed Married To The DEVIL for 10 Years), Became a Police Officer, had another baby, Hurricane Destroyed my Home, Got DIVORCED (YEAH), Married Stick Man (Having a great life), Back in Court with the DEVIL over Child Custody Issues, Have Had To Deal With Many Many Cuttings, Stabbing, Beatings, Drownings, Murders, Car Crashes, Suicides (hanging, cut wrists, over dose, driving over cliffs, shot gun to the head and chest, drinking self to death), Domestic Violence's, Child Abuse, Dope Dealers, Sexual Abuse Of Children, Violent Sexual Batteries, and writing countless tickets to speeders who tell me "Don't you have REAL crime to go fight! All in all, I Love my job, my family, and my life..... Except I'm tired of being FAT!

Hopefully I'll have some subscribers on this journey. If not, I know I can count on my best friend and sister to read my blogs and post something supportive ( Love U Roonie, that's my sister). Other than Stick Man, and Roonie, I'm sure I will refer to my daughter, Drama Trauma Queen, and my son, ADHD Boy in my blogs as they are all sources of much comedy.

In my next post I will chat a little about what I have been doing to prepare for my big day! 34 days and counting!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your blog....I will keep following its a fantastic read and good to share with someone going through the same thing as I am!
    I am going to be banded in 11 days and counting ;o)
    You are going well...keep up the good work!
    Take Care
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steveelea... I'm happy for u.... U are before me so Pleaseeeee keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete